Met an old friend for lunch and realised that he just broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years. As he was telling me of the circumstances leading up to their breakup, it occurred to me how it all boils down to two things: expectations and communication.
Some subjects he absolutely detests arguing about are subjects I have previously raised with my men. Some things she accused him of I have accused my men of the same.
Well, different problems same roots I guess.
And I finished reading "Why men don't listen and women can't read maps".
Yah lah, A bit lame, but desperate problems call for desperate solutions.
I don't remember much of it, but offhand I can remember this phrase very well:
"If a woman is unhappy in her relationships, she can't concentrate on her work. If a man is unhappy at work, he can't focus on his relationships."
Well, how true.
----------------------------------
I don't know if music is as important to you as it is to me.
If I go deaf (which is probably an eventuality), I would likely shrivel up and die not because of the inability to communicate with people, but because I won't have music ever again.
That is why I love to post lyrics so much. A good piece of lyric is like a great short story to me, a tale summarized into a few lines and a few minutes of song.
And the best part is how at different stages of your life, some song will reflect exactly how you feel.
There really is a song for everything.
And the song for today is this:
Let it die and get out of my mind
We don't see eye to eye
Or hear ear to ear
Don't you wish that we could forget that kiss
And see this for what it is
That we're not in love
The saddest part of a broken heart
Isn't the ending so much as the start
It was hard to tell just how I felt
To not recognize myself
I started to fade away
And after all it won't take long to fall in love
Now I know what I don't want
I learned that with you
The saddest part of a broken heart
Isn't the ending so much as the start
The tragedy starts from the very first spark
Losing your mind for the sake of your heart
The saddest part of a broken heart
Isn't the ending so much as the start
- Let It Die.Leslie Feist
----------------------------------
I'm so glad to have found Cowboy Caleb's blog in this "blogosphere".
He's funny, writes damn well, protects his identity with a vengeance, did the literati baton I tagged him with and leaves comments on my blog occasionally.
He gave me Feist, interesting links to explore, mindless games to play (eg. Poom), and countless minutes of reading pleasure.
Now if he could just get me a man as well, life would be perfect.
Hahaha.
Dear Cowboy Caleb, thank you.
Hope this won't make your head (or any sort of berries) swell too much.
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment