seeing visitors since 310804

Sunday, June 05, 2005

for better or for worse

Damn.
The Hitchhiker movie was a great disappointment. It is such a crock of shit it is not even funny.
I should have read Xiaxue's post before I went.
Could have saved the movie tickets for something else more worth it.
Read her post. It says everything that I want to say about the movie.
It should have stayed unmade. Then we would all still be looking forward to it now.

For Douglas, my ass.
Yes I agree.

----------------------------------

On the other hand, Spirits by Toy Factory was surprisingly good.
I regret getting the cheapest tickets now.
Of course you need a certain amount of respect and understanding of Chinese culture before you can appreciate it I think. After all it is a modernization of five different forms of Chinese opera styles.
Great work, Mr Goh Boon Teck.

----------------------------------

Just had a chat with a good friend whose girlfriend left him a couple of weeks back.
He's devastated, and he said it's only now that he can talk about it with me.
He had spent a lot of time at work and had neglected her for a while. He thought he was building a future for them, she misunderstood and drifted from him. She told him she has never felt as lonely before. She said she does not want a boyfriend who is never there.
Up to now, he still does not quite understand what she meant. But the poor guy had tears in his eyes when he asked me what he should do. He misses her to death and he wants to make it right.
I'm not the best person to consult on this relationship stuff, I told him. Look at me and my mess of relationships. But if anything, I do understand how she feels and I hope I had made it clearer for him just now.
So now he's going to have a good talk with her and see if they can try again.
Dude, I'm going to give you this song for strength as I promised.
"Go to her you foolish man, what's the use of having pride if you don't have her?'
Good luck.

She left on a Monday
She's a siren down the road
In your herringbone overcoat
That you don't expect to get back

And it's an ordinary sky
Today's like any other day
When all of the aeroplanes
Write her name in the clouds

And nothing's wrong
But it's already Sunday
And you know just how Sunday
Was the day that she would come around?

Go to her foolish man
What's the use of having pride if you don't have her?
She'll endure all she can
But you could make this easier on her

It's all like sinking
You're trying to stay afloat
Like a wind blown paper boat
Over uncharted sea

There's no question why
You're driving to kill some time
Racing the power lines
Back into town

Go to her foolish man
What's the use of having pride if you don't have her?
She'll endure all she can
But you could make this easier on her

- She Left On A Monday.Bic Runga

No comments: