seeing visitors since 310804

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

hope // disappointment

A little good news to start June, I hope.
I might have managed to retrieve some of the lost Clie database from the older PC.
It's going to be outdated, but well, at least I'd only lose one year's data.
We shall know when the synchronization happens later...

----------------------------------

Remember this recent entry?
These are the comments related to my entry in my old blog.
So just now I was reading the comments posted relating to mrbrown's take on the subject.
And I see my views are shared by many others.
Read this entry by an Indonesian. I think it is extremely well-written.
The world is a diverse strange place. No one has the right to call another civilised.
No one is above the law; and if you want to weigh on a scale, always compare like with like.

----------------------------------

"Hope is itself a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords: but, like all other pleasures immoderately enjoyed, the excesses of hope must be expiated by pain; and expectations improperly indulged must end in disappointment."
- Samuel Johnson

"There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

How true.
Right now, I am just deeply disappointed.
And I am sorry I made my dad worried again.

----------------------------------

Tonight I'm going to Theatre Idols.
Maybe it would take my mind off things.

No comments: