Kena tagged by the great stranger.
Hello, I got a lot of other things to write about, you know?
But since you say I read as much as you, which is a compliment, ok lah I try to fill this up.
(Note in point: Because the stranger reads A LOT.)
1) Total number of books I've owned:
Aiyoh, I'm not that free and/or anal to keep a catalogue.
Just know that I have no more space for any more books. But then again, that's relative to the space you own isn't it?
2) The last book I bought:
Fashion from the 18th to the 20th century - TASCHEN Icons series
I have no formal training in fashion at all. Everything I know I know from books.
3) The last book I read:
Mr Nice - Howard Marks
During the mid-'80s Howard Marks had forty-three aliases and eighty-nine phone lines, and he owned twenty-five companies trading throughout the world -- all money-laundering vehicles serving the core business: dope dealing. At the height of his career he was smuggling consignments of up to thirty tons of marijuana and had contact with organizations as diverse as MI6, the CIA, the IRA, and the Mafia.
But what I like the most is the retro vibes of the book.
Such groovy wild times.
4) 5 books that mean a lot to me:
Ask Dr. Mueller: The Writings of Cookie Mueller - Cookie Mueller
She's the only doctor you really need.
Girl, Interrupted - Susanna Kaysen
The first time I read it, I was particularly amazed by the part where she describes how she suddenly thought that there were no bones in her hands and wanted to get hold of a flap of skin and peel it away to take a look inside. Fucking crazy awesome.
The second time I read it, the good friend had just returned it to me after keeping it for a year. She had forgotten about it. I thought about how I'm starting to identify with certain thoughts in the book.
The third time I read it, I was already diagnosed with depression. It felt strangely comforting, like talking to a friend.
I'm now reading it again.
The Story of O - Pauline Reage
How far are you willing to go for love?
Where do you draw the line between pleasure and pain?
I've said it before and I will say it again:
The French. They know their sex and love.
We think we do. But we don't.
Not yet.
Memnoch The Devil - Anne Rice
Before you read this book, be prepared to leave all your religious faith and beliefs at the door.
I like books that make me think. And this one did just that for quite a while.
Mammon Inc - Hwee Hwee Tan
Would you sell your soul for your dream job?
Can you ever bridge the difference between East and West?
It's a witty satire, just thought that the ending could be better.
5) Tag 5 people and have them fill this out on their blogs:
Errr, I know very few people who write blogs leh. Except my sisters.
You girls want to do this? Not going to force you....
But I would really like to know what these great minds read.
So if you happen to be reading this blog, you are tagged!
1. mrbrown
2. mr miyagi
3. cowboy caleb
4. kenny sia
5. anonymous lawyer
Wah, very tired after this.
Blog proper will be back tomorrow.
----------------------------------
Doctor says I'm doing much better than she expected.
That's good news.
I just want to be normal crazy you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment