*if you are not an anne rice fan, you can skip this part.*
I just finished reading Blackwood Farm.
Ok, it’s official.
Anne Rice’s vampires are turning into wussy wimps.
It wasn’t like that in the beginning.
I bought my first four books of the Vampire Chronicles in SF in 1999. ‘Interview with the Vampire’ was a great start. Even the lame movie could not spoil the charm of the book. Who knows vampires can be so suave, charming and romantic?
Lestat is the epitome of the cruel gentleman.
Louis is the tortured one who loves his humans.
Claudia is the vindictive girl-woman whose body became too young for her aging mind.
Akasha is the beautiful but mad elder, awoken and bent on destroying all her ‘children’.
Merrick Mayfair, witch-turned-vampire, is a hard-drinking wild woman, absolutely cool to the core.
Oldies, goodies.
Now we get wimps.
Armand. Great start in ‘Interview’, head of a coven of vampires in New Orleans. Turns out he’s a wimpy little shit originally named Amadeo. Duh, what kind of name is that?
Pandora. A la slut.
Marius. Old fart.
Tarquin Blackwood. Whiny piece of no-good crap.
Petronia. A vampire with full breasts and a dick!!!???
Wow, Anne. You’re hitting rock bottom.
Goddamn I still have one book of yours.
It’s so going to be my last.
*end*
----------------------------------
I never really had a problem because of leaving
But everything reminds me of her this evening
So if I seem a little out of it, sorry
But why should I lie?
Everything reminds me of her
The spin of the earth impaled a silhouette of the sun on the steeple
And I got to hear the same sermon all the time now from you people
Why are you staring into outer space, crying?
Just because you came across it, and lost it
Everything reminds me of her
Everything reminds me of her
Everything reminds me of her
-Everything Reminds Me Of Her.Elliott Smith
Equally applicable when you replace the word ‘her’ with ‘him’.
No comments:
Post a Comment