seeing visitors since 310804

Saturday, November 20, 2004

gunshots & rock stars

I was walking to the office this morning (yes, I have to work on Saturdays. Sigh) when gunshots rang out. Everyone on the street, the few poor souls around anyway, looked around with terror.
But it was only the crow hunter. Chey….

In an urban landscape, particularly one densely built up with tall buildings, it is very eerie to hear strange loud noises, particularly with so much bad news about terrorism, worksite accidents, road collapses nowadays.

Like the accident at the One Raffles Quay construction site yesterday morning which resulted in 2 deaths? My colleagues and I bore witness to the immediate aftermath. Our office is right next to the site. We heard the platform collapse and rushed to the window in time to see a fresh pile of debris below. At that time we didn’t know there were any casualties but now that we do, it makes our skins crawl.

----------------------------------

Guess who’s nominated for Favourite Artist Singapore in the 2005 MTV Asia Awards?
A hint: It starts with E….
Or you can check out www.mtvasiaawards.com
Congrats, guys!

No comments: