I have some more to say:
No 'in your face' drive to fight Aids here - Nov 14, 2004
For the issue of government subsidies for Aids medication, which AFA brought up on Friday, it was said that Aids patients in Singapore were entitled to the same subsidies as those who suffered from other diseases. 'We do not believe in making any disease a privileged disease. There is no reason why an Aids patient should be more special than a heart or kidney patient. We treat all equally.'
I appreciate how you try to be fair and just to all. But AIDS, by virtue of its terrible repercussions, is already a privileged disease. You are right, an AIDS patient is no more special than a heart or kidney patient. But you must always remember that this is a communicable disease we are talking about. There will always be stupid people who ignore all the risks that stare them down the face; there is always a possibility of contamination by accident; that chance of being infected not by choice, however slight, is there.
By the way, what is the subtle message that you are trying to convey? We are only valuable in your eyes when we are healthy and able to contribute to the economy? If I am a Singaporean and I am sick, I might as well be dead?
I'm no advocate of unsafe sex. But fuck your attitude.
----------------------------------
Happy birthday Lynn, my darling sister.
Have a great year ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment