The past few days have been extremely tiring, yet extremely exhilarating. I’ve received tons of emails, phone calls and texts from friends, long-lost acquaintances and people I used to work with.
The support and well wishes are both overwhelming and touching.
Thank you all. It’s very much appreciated.
I’m glad you like the website.
Celebrated the Friday AEON launch with a great night out. Even though out of sheer night blindness, I fell into the drain near the car even before I drove out. Badly bruised one of my knees. Lucky I didn’t split my head open.
I thought I was sloshed enough on Wed for the Thievery gig, but Friday night? I was totally thrashed. Woke up the next morning not remembering much of what happened or what I said. Apparently I was quite “bubbly”.
Ha. So unlike me.
Well, we can make an exception for a happy occasion.
----------------------------------
On a more sobering note.
Almost got into an accident on the way home a couple of hours ago.
An electric blue Mercedes driven by a disgruntled tai-tai kind of woman. You know the type. Too much makeup, too big hair, too stuck in the eighties.
From the extreme right lane, she attempted to cut into my lane when her car was still only side-by-side with mine. No signal. I had to swerve to avoid her. Our cars were 2 inches apart max. Sounded her horn at me. I cursed at her. She then sped up. Overtook me. Straddled two lanes. Cut into the lane of a comfort cab. No signal. Sounded her horn. Overtook the cab. Straddled two lanes. Veered into the path of a Honda accord on the extreme left lane. No signal. Sounded her horn. Turned on the hazard lights and proceeded to jam-brake.
The Honda driver did a fine piece of swerving man.
That woman has got to be drunk.
My god. The roads are going to the dogs.
----------------------------------
And on a more manic depressive note, one thing comes to mind.
Thoughtlessness.
Aren’t we all guilty of it at one point or another?
Wrong words; wrong phrase; wrong tone; wrong action…acts like an arrow straight to the heart. We aren’t even aware that we’ve said/done the wrong thing, but the damage has already been done.
You say that I don’t think before I talk, that I’m careless with your feelings. Maybe. Possibly. I’m not perfect. I’ve always said that. But I try to be careful. I really do.
However, at the same time, think about it. Are you sure you have never been guilty of doing the same to me?
The support and well wishes are both overwhelming and touching.
Thank you all. It’s very much appreciated.
I’m glad you like the website.
Celebrated the Friday AEON launch with a great night out. Even though out of sheer night blindness, I fell into the drain near the car even before I drove out. Badly bruised one of my knees. Lucky I didn’t split my head open.
I thought I was sloshed enough on Wed for the Thievery gig, but Friday night? I was totally thrashed. Woke up the next morning not remembering much of what happened or what I said. Apparently I was quite “bubbly”.
Ha. So unlike me.
Well, we can make an exception for a happy occasion.
----------------------------------
On a more sobering note.
Almost got into an accident on the way home a couple of hours ago.
An electric blue Mercedes driven by a disgruntled tai-tai kind of woman. You know the type. Too much makeup, too big hair, too stuck in the eighties.
From the extreme right lane, she attempted to cut into my lane when her car was still only side-by-side with mine. No signal. I had to swerve to avoid her. Our cars were 2 inches apart max. Sounded her horn at me. I cursed at her. She then sped up. Overtook me. Straddled two lanes. Cut into the lane of a comfort cab. No signal. Sounded her horn. Overtook the cab. Straddled two lanes. Veered into the path of a Honda accord on the extreme left lane. No signal. Sounded her horn. Turned on the hazard lights and proceeded to jam-brake.
The Honda driver did a fine piece of swerving man.
That woman has got to be drunk.
My god. The roads are going to the dogs.
----------------------------------
And on a more manic depressive note, one thing comes to mind.
Thoughtlessness.
Aren’t we all guilty of it at one point or another?
Wrong words; wrong phrase; wrong tone; wrong action…acts like an arrow straight to the heart. We aren’t even aware that we’ve said/done the wrong thing, but the damage has already been done.
You say that I don’t think before I talk, that I’m careless with your feelings. Maybe. Possibly. I’m not perfect. I’ve always said that. But I try to be careful. I really do.
However, at the same time, think about it. Are you sure you have never been guilty of doing the same to me?
No comments:
Post a Comment