seeing visitors since 310804

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

i'd like to get away from the maddening shroud

Congrats, Liep Ming.
Best wishes to your new life with your new wife.


Survived my cousin’s wedding last night. It was the first extended family gathering that I had attended for the longest time. Probably would be the last one for a long time too… An indication of how long some of the relatives have not seen me can be seen by how one of my goony aunties mistook me for my cousin’s girlfriend when I was talking to him. We were both going like “ewwww…..”

Thought I did pretty well this time. Even though it’s mainly due to the fact that my dad gave the go-ahead for alcohol consumption. My brother and I kinda OD’d on tiger beer till the smiles were plastered on our faces. Some of my relatives probably think I’m a closet alcoholic. Which is not a bad thing since they pretty much stayed out of my way.

Couldn’t run away from the classic question of “when is it your turn?” though. Did my usual sidestep to avoid answering it. Going by age and order of rank in the family, there is one more cousin to go in the “marriage queue” before it’s my turn. Ooh, the heat is on….
Blah.

Anyway. Thanks to you who helped me through the night with texts and phone calls. Will return the favour anytime.

----------------------------------

Sometimes I like to get away from this maddening shroud
Sometimes I love, you know, it's all insane
Maybe it's time for me to pack it in
Maybe it's time for me to track it in
Maybe it's time for me to throw...

Sometimes I like to get away from the saddening crowd
Sometimes I feel my life is all in vain
Maybe it's time for me to pack it in
Maybe it's time for me to track it in
Maybe it's time for me to throw...

Oh, I've got a good mind to throw it all away
Throw it all away
Throw it all away
After all, what is it worth?

Some days my strength walks out
Some days I can't go out
It is for real
We can walk about
We can work it over and over and over...
I've got a good mind to throw it all away...

- Maddening Shroud.Frou Frou

Details. Such a great album.
I'd like to get away from the maddening shroud too.
I might have made living the days look simple but it’s not. Don’t make it more difficult than it is.

No comments: