What is the current soundtrack of your life?
This is mine.
Painless - Mae
Let It Die - Leslie Feist
I Don't Want To Talk About It - Everything But The Girl
This Year's Love - David Gray
Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
Burnin' Down The Spark - Nancy Sinatra
沒那麼愛他 - 范瑋琪
一直到最後 - 范瑋琪
I was caught in a downpour just now. Right as I reached the bus stop near my house.
There I was, stuck in a bus stop with a leaking roof, surrounded by people who also had no umbrellas, listening to my current soundtrack. I tried calling home for help, but there was no one home.
I sat there in the cold, thinking about how perfectly the scene depicts my life now.
It's pouring and I hve no umbrella, no help, nothing.
No point depending on anyone. The most dependable person you can have is yourself.
So what do you do?
You take off your glasses, zip up your bag, turn up the music, stick a cigarette in your mouth and start walking.
You'll get very wet, but eventually, you'll reach your destination.
Once I had someone who would come and get me out of the rain.
But I chose someone else who desperately want to do the same, but never can.
Last night he said, "Let's meet up for coffee tomorrow afternoon. I'll call you." It's now 5:30pm. The afternoon is long gone. I'm sure he changed his mind after saying that and thought to himself, "She doesn't seem ready to see me. Seeing me would make her worse. I must do the right thing and not see her." However, being who he is, he neglected to inform me that he changed his mind, thinking that I probably would not remember that he mentioned meeting up for coffee.
Well I do.
And I still detest the lack of basic decent courtesy.
Maybe I owe you big time in my past life, and I'm now repaying a huge debt. But I will let karma decide on the justice of it all.
And I shall live to see where karma takes you.
This is mine.
Painless - Mae
Let It Die - Leslie Feist
I Don't Want To Talk About It - Everything But The Girl
This Year's Love - David Gray
Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
Burnin' Down The Spark - Nancy Sinatra
沒那麼愛他 - 范瑋琪
一直到最後 - 范瑋琪
I was caught in a downpour just now. Right as I reached the bus stop near my house.
There I was, stuck in a bus stop with a leaking roof, surrounded by people who also had no umbrellas, listening to my current soundtrack. I tried calling home for help, but there was no one home.
I sat there in the cold, thinking about how perfectly the scene depicts my life now.
It's pouring and I hve no umbrella, no help, nothing.
No point depending on anyone. The most dependable person you can have is yourself.
So what do you do?
You take off your glasses, zip up your bag, turn up the music, stick a cigarette in your mouth and start walking.
You'll get very wet, but eventually, you'll reach your destination.
Once I had someone who would come and get me out of the rain.
But I chose someone else who desperately want to do the same, but never can.
Last night he said, "Let's meet up for coffee tomorrow afternoon. I'll call you." It's now 5:30pm. The afternoon is long gone. I'm sure he changed his mind after saying that and thought to himself, "She doesn't seem ready to see me. Seeing me would make her worse. I must do the right thing and not see her." However, being who he is, he neglected to inform me that he changed his mind, thinking that I probably would not remember that he mentioned meeting up for coffee.
Well I do.
And I still detest the lack of basic decent courtesy.
Maybe I owe you big time in my past life, and I'm now repaying a huge debt. But I will let karma decide on the justice of it all.
And I shall live to see where karma takes you.
No comments:
Post a Comment