Have I ever told you about this site?
http://www.ninjai.com/
No?
Go check it out. Really quite cool.
----------------------------------
Is there some meaning to this life? What purpose lies behind the strife?
Whence do we come? Where are we bound?
These cold questions echo and resound.
Through each day, each lonely night, we long to find the splendid light
that will cast a revelatory beam, upon the meaning of the human dream.
- Dean R. Koontz
Strangers - The Book of Counted Sorrows
Je suis le t´en´ebreux,—le veuf,—l’inconsol´e,
Le prince d’Aquitaine `a la tour abolie:
Ma seule ´etoile est morte, et mon luth constell´e
Porte le soleil noir de la m´elancolie.
------
I am the darkly shaded, the bereaved, the inconsolate,
the prince of Aquitaine, with the blasted tower.
My only star is dead, and my star-strewn lute
carries on it the black sun of melancholy.
- Gérard de Nerval
El Desdichado
I want to go south, where there is no autumn,
where the cold doesn’t crouch over one
like a snow leopard waiting to pounce.
The heart of the North is dead,
and the fingers of cold are corpse fingers.
- D. H. Lawrence
A cold fear thrills through my veins.
- Shakespeare
Romeo & Juliet
I am terrified by this dark thing that sleeps in me;
All day I feel its soft leathery turnings, its malignity.
Clouds pass and disperse. Are those the faces of love?
Those pale irretrievables? Is it for such I agitate my heart?
- Sylvia Plath
Elm
Well, if there's one thing to say, I reckon you've got some taste in literature.
However, plagiarism is not a good thing. Even if you try to replace some words.
Next time remember to credit the source.
Oh, and mind if I ask you where you got this from?
I'm now quite sure it's not your own.
That here through the tunnelled gloom the track forks into two;
of those, one into darkening hills leads on,
And one toward distant seas.
Well, hey. Stop wasting your time. Go get your own life.
No comments:
Post a Comment