After spending close to two weeks with the love of my life, I'm heartened to say that l'amour remains just as strong as when it all started 14 years ago. The gloomy weather, incessant rain, terribly polluted air and moody underground network notwithstanding, what the city offers is a vibrant diversity of cultures and influences that is so exciting to be a part of.
(Of course the city also offers M&S, Portobello, Camden and Boots, which are like my favourite aunty store, flea markets and drugstore in the whole world.)
This trip was one for the museums and exhibitions. A final count shows 9 done, in order of preference below.
1. British Museum
2. National Portrait Gallery
3. Kensington Palace (for Enchanted Palace)
4. Museum of Brands, Packaging & Advertising
5. Queen's Gallery (for the Victoria & Albert exhibition)
6. V&A
7. Tate Modern
8. Chertsey Museum
9. National Gallery
There are a few I didn't manage to do, Geffrye Museum, Wallace Collection, Bankside Gallery, Fashion & Textile Museum, Wellcome Collection, Tate Britain, Hayward which was closed for renovations. Will strive harder next time.
Also managed to feed myself pretty well this time round, both economically and expensively. Pardon me as I record this for the next time round, a requisite since my memory is failing.
1. The Stockpot (reasonable prices for Soho)
2. Mother Mash (marvellous bangers and mash in the Carnaby area)
3. Tate Cafe (lovely place to chill)
4. Fernandez & Wells (such heavenly coffee, I must try the food & wine bar next time)
5. Fish!
6. La Trompette (it's deserving of the michelin star, but somehow I was still a little disappointed)
7. Portobello Fish Bar
8. Square Pie
All in all, a lovely time spent. You know it's love when you reach home and immediately starts thinking about possible dates for the next trip.
;)p
##Further edited for accuracy.
No comments:
Post a Comment