On this day every year, I have a tendency to watch the clock as it ticks the seconds off until the beginning of my favourite day of the year.
And as I watch, the thoughts would swirl inside my head like it is a great mixing bowl.
Only a couple of these thoughts would get put into words. All the others would just swirl around and then get locked back into that secret place no one would ever find.
I just read something someone wrote about a great Snow Patrol song.
Run.
Great title, even greater song.
Whenever the song comes on, wherever that might be, it sends a shock right through my system and it makes me remember things I thought I have forgotten.
Run Forrest run. Keep running. One day you'll run faster than the pain and miseries that plagued you. One day you'll run so fast the potholes on the road mean nothing anymore. One day you'll run right into the place you're looking for.
Snow Patrol has a new album out. One song keeps getting airplay.
We'll do it all Everything On our own
We don't need Anything Or anyone
If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
I don't quite know How to say How I feel
Those three words Are said too much They're not enough
If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told Before we get too old Show me a garden that's bursting into life
Let's waste time Chasing cars Around our heads
I need your grace To remind me To find my own
If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told Before we get too old Show me a garden that's bursting into life
All that I am All that I ever was Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see
I don't know where Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all
If I lay here If I just lay here Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
- Chasing Cars.Snow Patrol
There are a lot of things you can chase around in your head.
Chasing dreams. Chasing rainbows. Chasing demons. Chasing dragons.
Not that I'd advocate the last.
A lot of ties were cut off this year. It sucks. It hurts. But you take a deep breath and you move on.
It feels good to just lay down and forget the world, even for a little while.
But I guess I'm not going to do that anymore.
If you try to forget the world, it might just forget you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment