seeing visitors since 310804

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

what is your state of mind?

I just realised that there are big print ads and a relatively long commercial highlighting the perils of depression and how help should be sought quickly.
Looks like depression is now a legitimate illness.
No more of those "you're making it up" or "it's only in your mind" comments which probably have driven many a depressed person to suicide in the days long gone.

I have fought a big one and I have won.
At least for now.
If I can, you can too.

HPB explains what is depression.
IMH too.

Now for what I think:
1.
If you think you're depressed, don't bother calling THE hotline. They're all wankers. The guy I talked to almost drove me to my grave.
Call IMH (6389 2200 ) or go to your doctor to get a referral somewhere else.
2.
Follow your psychiatrist's advice. Take your meds regularly. Don't lie.
You have to help him/her to help you.
3.
Don't stress yourself out. Take all the time you want to work things out.
And don't allow anyone to stress you out.

If you're there now, good luck.
And I understand. Really.
Especially the irritability of the recurrents.

No comments: