seeing visitors since 310804

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

my life in my bag

I was reading this post, and it brought a big smile to my face.

I am the girl who simply can't travel light.
People keep asking me about what I carry in my bag.
Well, my life I guess.
Now let's see:

1. Coin purse (which I use in place of a wallet, which probably summarises my financial situation) - in it I have cash, coins, too many credit cards, bank card, amulet from Japan, other bits and pieces which I never emptied out.
2. Card holder - for charge cards, discount cards, ezlink card and the occasional important name card
3. Name card holder - for my
aeon name cards
4. Keys
5. Medical appointment cards (at last count, at least three. Yes I am not healthy.)
6. Cigarette pouch (nowadays, it's sometimes empty save for a lighter)
7. Trusty mobile phone
8. Water bottle (Yes, I wilt.)
9. Spectacle case with glasses, contact lens case and saline (Yes, I have dry eyes which require salvation all the time)
10. Eye drops
11. Lip balm
12. Powder
13. Eyelash curler (Yes, I am that vain.)
14. Sweets
15. Pens
16. Sudoku puzzle book
17. Occasional reading material
18. Ipod earphones (Why I carry this when I don't carry my Ipod mystifies me.)
19. Tissues
20. Cash card (THE all-important card for drivers.)
21. Liquid Room ladies card
22. Rubber bands (for my unruly hair)
23. Travel size Pantene leave-in conditioner
24. A small makeup pouch which I never open
25. Some neccessities (don't ask)
26. Face blotters
27. Painkillers
28. Plasters

Wah lau, no wonder my bag weighs so much.
Almost 2 kg to be exact.
Damn.

The only time I travel light is for destination-based events, like wedding dinners and parties, where I can survive with an itsy bitsy purse.
Other than that, half of my room travels with me.

No comments: