I never went through the boyfriend-going-to-army stage of puppy love. All my ex-boyfriends were much older.
So I was thinking if I don't send my brother off to Tekong this time round, I would have to wait until I give birth to a son plus another eighteen years.
Too impatient to wait lah.
So kaypoh me went.
It is a ritual all Singapore sons have to go through.
Go in a boy and come out a man.
Quite cheesy lah, but you look at the earnest faces of all these young men and your heart goes out to them.
Anyway, which government helps you mound your son/brother/boyfriend into a man for free?
And since the botak look is in, my brother might just end up looking like Mr. "Brad Pitt" Smith.
But army food really sucks.
And they say it is fantastic compared to what was served in the old days.
I can't even begin to imagine. Yucks.
My dad says I complain too much.
But I'm Singaporean what, my pastime is to complain.
So I was thinking if I don't send my brother off to Tekong this time round, I would have to wait until I give birth to a son plus another eighteen years.
Too impatient to wait lah.
So kaypoh me went.
It is a ritual all Singapore sons have to go through.
Go in a boy and come out a man.
Quite cheesy lah, but you look at the earnest faces of all these young men and your heart goes out to them.
Anyway, which government helps you mound your son/brother/boyfriend into a man for free?
And since the botak look is in, my brother might just end up looking like Mr. "Brad Pitt" Smith.
But army food really sucks.
And they say it is fantastic compared to what was served in the old days.
I can't even begin to imagine. Yucks.
My dad says I complain too much.
But I'm Singaporean what, my pastime is to complain.
No comments:
Post a Comment