seeing visitors since 310804

Thursday, June 16, 2005

tv can also change lives

So I have gotten hooked on CSI:Miami for a while now.
I think David Caruso does a great job as Horatio Caine.
Very cool, very quiet, very intelligent, very righteous, very observant, very spot-on.

My dad asked me what's the difference between the two chiefs in CSI:Miami and CSI:NY?
I told him Gary Sirise (Mac Taylor) is the calm collected leader of his team; but David Caruso is the soul of his team.
Serious.
But of course, the NY team has more eye candy.
Check out Vanessa Ferlito's lips.
And Carmine Giovinazzo. So cute.

But today's post is not about CSI.
It is about one episode of CSI:Miami.
One of the three stories in the episode is that they found a woman who was overdosed on Demerol, doused with expensive cognac and burned to a crisp. During the autopsy, they found out that she was 7 weeks' pregnant and had swallowed an expensive diamond ring before she died. In an attempt to trace the father through DNA testing, Horatio asked the good doctor to take out the foetus from the womb.
What she retrieved looked like this:

She handed it to Horatio on a lab container and he deadpanned, "Well, it's no longer a skin cell is it?"

Freaking awesome pro-life advertisement, I thought.
7 weeks and it already looks human.
This scene made me understand the pro-lifers' stand more than any of their arguments could.
Goddamn.

Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
Me? I don't know anymore.

No comments: