seeing visitors since 310804

Thursday, March 03, 2005

what a long post...

I had a fascinating conversation with a new friend yesterday evening. Topic? Fuck buddies.
Really, it was fascinating.
I thought I know how the game is played, but no....I was talking to a master of the game.
It made me recall something I read a long time ago. The author said: Girls, don't ever try to play strategic warfare with the guys. We grew up playing mainly with dolls; they grew up playing with model airplanes and warships.
It's too easy to lose the game...

But now, it also means I can dispense this advice I took off someone else's blog sometime back:

How to f**k someone and still be friends.
Or, your cut-and-keep guide to being a good f**k buddy (or as N calls it, Friends With Privileges).

1. The Sex.
Must be good. Otherwise, why bother? This person is not going to raise children with you.

2. The Companionship.
It helps if this is someone you get on with and see around socially. Puts a nice ending on all those group nights out when it looks like you aren't going to pull (or, pull anything decent). You've pulled before you even arrived. What if he's pulled and you haven't? Even better - take them both home!

3. The Gossip.
People will assume you're a couple. Get your stories straight and nip this in the bud.

4. The Jealousy.
There shouldn't be any. If you suspect this is someone whose dalliances with others you might be even remotely miffed about, move on, it's not going to work.

5. The Talk.
Must be open and frequent. Nothing sucks quite like finding your fuck buddy has secretly fallen for you.

6. The Protection.
Never forget he has carte blanche to fool around, and so do you. Regular does not equal clean.


My advice: Don't play with fire if you can't handle the pain of being burnt.

----------------------------------

I have a few questions for my guardian angel...
You said you were in the same place I am in now.
Did you follow the same advice you dispensed to me?
And how is it for you now?
Should I still believe in happy endings?

They just changed my medication. I had a disgustingly bad reaction to the previous one, all the bad side effects. They said that only happens to a teeny percentage of people. Guess that explains it.
What luck.
I'm quite wary of starting the new course actually.
Well, be all that ends all, I hope.

----------------------------------

I kinda like this survey...
Yes you're right. I'm bored.

FIRSTS ..
First job: Salesgirl
First screen name: WTF?
First funeral: Grandpa
First pet: Fighting fish
First piercing: Ears
First tattoo: Year 2000
First credit card: UOB Lady's Card
First kiss: A very cute boy
First enemy: Myself

LASTS ..
Last car ride: Dominic's power car
Last kiss: Mmmm....
Last movie watched: Team America
Last beverage drank: Orangina
Last food consumed: Chips
Last phone call: WC my bitchy drinking buddy
Last time showered: Just now when I got home
Last CD played: Talkie Walkie - Air
Last website visited: My own (ego, ego...)

NOW ...
Single or Taken: Single....again
Sex: Female
Birthday: Aug 24
air color: Black masquerading as other colours
Eye color: Deepest black
Shoe size: 6

----------------------------------

And check out these lyrics. Beautiful beautiful, as usual...

And all our sins come back to haunt us in the end
To hang around and tap us on the shoulder
And smile
Silent
It's all implied
"You'll die trying to live this down. you might as well forget it."
Still, i'm convinced that wondering what if is the worst thing there is

So we bottled and shelved all our regrets
Let them ferment and came back to our senses
Drove back home and slept a few days
Woke up and laughed at how stupid we used to be

And all these lines fall short of what i had in mind
A failed attempt to capsulize a feeling
So i just try and fail and try and try again
Someday i swear i'm going to get it
Because i'm convinced that giving in is the worst thing there is

So we bottled and shelved all our regrets
Let them ferment and came back to our senses
Drove back home and slept a few days
Woke up and laughed at how stupid we used to be

We'll get over it
Sad, strong, safe and sober
We'll move forward
And know where we went wrong
But "you can't go home again."

So we bottled and shelved all our regrets
Let them ferment and came back to our senses
Drove back home and slept a few days
Woke up and laughed at how stupid we used to be

- Mistakes We Knew We Were Making.Straylight Run

----------------------------------

Lastly....
Mood Index for February – ?/10
Really, I am unable to put a number to it...
I think Feb 2005 is my life-altering month.

No comments: